|clients september ' 2010
X10 CONTROL BY IPHONE
This month Eurox10.com proposes a great step on commodity and technological advance in home automation control. Using your iPhone or iPod touch as remote control, you can control everything like appliances, illumination, multimedia, etc. It’s easy and quick to install, comfortable and pleasant to use.
To control your X10 applications by iPhone from anywhere in the globe, need to install the X10 Commander application in your home PC and in your iPhone.
The X10 Commander is an X10 Controller Client for the iPhone/iPod Touch and is a native iPhone application that allows you to control up to 120 X10 devices anywhere in the world.
To work the application needs a PC interface like CM11G, CM15 or CM19 connected to the PC.
X10 Commander consists of two pieces: a server which runs on the PC and the client which runs on the iPhone or iPod Touch. The application for PC is free and is available for download here. The X10 Commander Software version for iPhone, need to be acquired in the Apple Store, with $10 dollars price.
When you are inside your house the iPhone establish connections with the server trough the wireless network. When you are outside the communications are established through 3G and your internet connection.
X10 Commander Advantages:
• Control your X10 devices from your iPhone/iPod Touch anywhere in the world;
• No “line-of-sight” needed to control X10 Devices;
• Low cost;
• Transform the iPhone/iPod Touch in a wireless remote control;
X10 Commander Requirements:
• Iphone/iPod Touch OS 2.2.1 or Higher;
• WI-FI/3G/Edge Internet Connection;
• CM11, CM15 or CM19 (the CM19 needs one RF receiver, like, TM13G) interfaces connected to the PC;
• • For Windows PC Support: X10 Activehome SDK drivers installed on your PC, where X10 Commander is running. Just run this EXE and configure it and leave it running;
|See you soon.
The EuroX10 team